Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Entry C: Edward Taylor

Thesis: In the poem "Huswifery" Edward Taylor uses imagery, rhyme, and literary conceit to convey a message that it is through care and praise that one can earn gods grace and use that grace to go to heaven.

What Impressed Me: What impressed me most in this poem was how Edward Taylor uses a spinning wheel to represent his track to earning gods grace. Edward Taylor did a phenomenal job getting his point out that if you earn god's grace, then he will allow you to go to heaven. If you had to write "Huswifery" in your own words it would look something like this...

Make my life a spinning wheel
Make God's word my sole concern
Make my emotions flow to the highest peak
Make my soul to be guided by you, God
Make my words stem from you, God
Use me as you will

Make me your tool
Weave your holy spirit into me
Lead me to your path, show me the way
Your sacraments cleanse my soul
Die or imprint your holiness/sacraments in me

Clothe me with understanding, will, emotion, passion, judgment, conscience, memory
So that my words will glorify God
If all these things are done-then my garment will give god glory





No comments:

Post a Comment